Saturday, April 11, 2009

Calzone.


Let's be serious here. Is there a fundamental difference between pizza and a calzone? Or a stromboli? The only thing that's different is the interface and implementation. The policy remains the same.

Seeing as this was my first shot at making dough, I'd say it turned out reasonably well. I was a little short on ingredients even though I went out of my way to buy Italian sausage, so I only had green peppers, onions, and had to make one with mozzarella and the other with provolone.

I went sauce-less because I thought I would have sauce on the side, but I actually haven't gotten around to that for some reason. The dough was pretty simple and turned out well, with a bit of sweetness showing through from the honey. I'd be interesting in making more diverse crusts. It all freezes quite well.

No comments: