Thursday, April 24, 2008

Pork Quesadillas. Mini.


I had some braised pork defrosting in the fridge for enchiladas this week, and I got a little hungry. Yet another win for corn tortillas over flour tortillas. These are the taco sized ones that you would get at a restaurant (basically normal-sized ones). I bought a big bag (96 count, I think) awhile ago because I like to buy in large sizes and bulk and I thought it would help in portion control better than the giant burrito sized flour tortillas (I used to use two of those compared to usually just three of the corn variety.). They also taste better and are sturdier.


As you can see, I also finally got around to cleaning and re-seasoning my cast iron since I had some carnitas when I first braised this pork. Interestingly, I think the last time I used the skillet was for carnitas as well. Those few months of burnt, greasy food must have helped the seasoning along since it's better than I remember.


A little bit of shredded cheese and shredded pork, done.



The quesadillas are out of focus in this, but it makes the jalapeƱos look delicious.

No comments: