Monday, September 28, 2009

Pama Pomegranate.


I read some reviews on it before buying it since the store was offering a nice price on it. It touts that it is the world's first true pomegranate liqueur.

I had a sip of it straight at first. It was sweet, rather tart, and very distinctly pomegranate. It wasn't too sweet, but the combination of the sweetness with the syrupy texture makes it unpalatable straight for me, at least.

I mixed it with some seltzer which was quite good. I also tried it with some seltzer and New Amsterdam. It may have been a combination of too much seltzer and the citrus in the NA, but it didn't blend well there. At only 17%ABV and considering how strong the flavor is, I don't see it adding much alcohol to any drinks where it's used.

I imagine it would make a good pairing with neutral spirits like vodka to add color and punch while the spirit brings the alcohol. The booklet that came with it suggested a margarita. I've had a pomegranate margarita, and while I'm not necessarily a fan of tequila and overly sweet drinks, I did find that pretty good. Some experimenting will be had.

No comments: