Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Woot Cellars Boss Monster.


Another Woot Cellars offering. I say another as if I had previously posted about the last offering from Woot Cellars, Emergency Holiday Provisions. Which I didn't. But I do still have a bottle or two lying around somewhere so expect to see notes on that some time this season.

Boss Monster is a zinfandel-PS blend (89-11). I was a little put off by the nose at first since it came on so strong, but the first sip was remarkably smooth. Pretty bold but not obnoxiously in your face, not too spicy (though it goes well with spice as I was eating a bowl of chili at the time), and lightly jammy. Just a little bit of tannin peeking through at the end. With some mouth aeration, all I get is grape. A lot of grape. A little bit of rose and honey. Would probably taste great with a thick, rare steak or in some beef stew.

I expected to write funnier notes. I should write funnier notes.

ADDENDUM: After several days, the PS really starts to pop out.

No comments: