Friday, May 2, 2008

Sam Adams Brown Ale.


I picked up this and a Black Lager from some leftovers from a catered event a few nights ago. Sam Adams is pretty respectable for being a domestic, mass-marketed beer. (I've decided Sam Adams is now my tap beer when eating out when more interesting options are unavailable.) One thing I've always like about Sam Adams is the sheer number of varieties and their consistency.


The Brown Ale was good and nutty without being too filling. It actually reminded me of a nut brown beer from a brewery local to Nashville that was quite good. Until I figure how to get more of that, the Brown Ale will suffice.


As a side note, I always wondered why Doritos changed their flagship flavors from the clearly comparatively superior "Nacho Cheesier" and "Cooler Ranch" to less competitive sounding names, "Nacho Cheese" and "Cool Ranch", respectively. I had the Nacho Cheese a few weeks ago since the local Wal-mart decided to stop carrying the Smokin' Cheddar BBQ, which was by far one of the more superior flavors of chips on the market today. Meh, Nacho Cheese is still just Nacho Cheese. Cool Ranch, on the other hand, is actually different. Doritos must have revamped their formulas because they seem to be lighter and crispier; the flavor is noticeably punchier, not exactly saltier, but more intense without being as heavy as it used to be. Are they better than Cooler Ranch? Well...maybe. Also, "Garden Salsa" Sun Chips are fantastic. They don't really taste like garden salsa but they taste like something good.

No comments: