Sunday, September 7, 2008

Dry Creek Mood Hill Cabernet Sauvignon 2003.


I corked this guy the other night at our first get-together of the year. (A hell of a night, by the way.) Between cabs and merlots, I'm a cab guy. But I haven't had a cab in quite a while since I've been stalking PSes (six on the way, booyeah!). My memory on cabs are a little fuzzy since it's been so long.


I'm tempted to write my notes verbatim, but they don't make sense to me. So maybe I should try to decipher and remember them. I remember a very wet nose and the mouthfeel being thin and pinot-ish. But then being tannin-y. I wrote that. And then later wrote "very tannin-y". So it must be pretty tannin-y. Also, not sweet and a strong alcohol taste?


Maybe I'll get a better idea of what's going on with the second bottle.


Addendum: It got pretty spicy. The tannins have mellowed out considerably. Personally, I think I might have liked it younger.

No comments: