Monday, September 8, 2008

Lasagna Bastard Child.


I had a grand plan for this. I really did. But it turns out the box of lasagna noodle was more than half empty so I had to improvise.


Originally, I was going to use spinach and zucchini to spruce up the place, but as I was layering, I realized I didn't have room for zucchini. Also, I forgot about it until the very end. Seriously, why are baking dishes so damn shallow? So, I laid down lasagna, ricotta, baby bella mushrooms, spinach, Italian sweet sausage, and a pile of half-cooked spaghetti, modestly sprinkled with a shredded blend of whatever Wal-mart thinks is Italian.



I winged it, and I'm glad that things turned out ok. The spinach was an awesome addition. It adds a really smooth, buttery texture to the dish. So, basically, it's a pile of stuff on top of lasagna noodles and covered by spaghetti. It's so casserole. I need to keep on the lookout for a deep dish pan so that I can finally realize my dream of a Leaning Tower of Lasagna. Seriously, if I had the space, I could make a pie with something for everyone, not too much, not too little of anything.

No comments: