Monday, September 15, 2008

Mexican Casserole.


This is the true essence of casserole: leftovers. Refried beans, seasoned ground beef, enchilada sauce, black beans, and corn, all of it at least a week and up to two weeks old. I used corn tortillas to separate the layers and added some partially cooked instant rice.


Addendum: So I was rethinking my philosophy of casserole. Now, there's two paths a casserole can take. Both consume leftovers. One path culminates in something more than the sum of its parts. The other makes its parts palatable. This was the latter.


Also, there's a new Sun Chips flavor: Roasted Sweet Chili. It's bears a striking resemblance to Doritos's Spicy Sweet Chili flavor. Between the two, I think I prefer the Sun Chips. While the Doritos pack more punch, sometimes it's just too overpowering and you just keep eating them for the sake of salt. The Sun Chips, on the other hand, have that naturally sweet multi-grain taste with a much milder but longer taste residue. I like them.

No comments: