Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Brooklyn Brewery Black Chocolate Stout.


This one was full of surprises. Apparently, it's an Imperial Stout at 10%ABV. Now, my experience with chocolate beers has been quite mixed, but I have to say that this is quite good. I once read somewhere that as you drink a wider variety of beers, Guinness looses its appeal. This one drives the nail in the Extra Stout's coffin.


I'd comment on the color, but it's completely opaque, even held up to the light. The texture is thick but not sticky; I did feel like I was pouring chocolate milk. The head was a nice mocha color and creamy. The chocolate comes through clean and strong but overall left me with a sticky feeling in the mouth like after drinking something sweet.


It's a seasonal, if you can call October through March seasonal, so I'll stock up a bit. But I look forward to Brooklyn's other offerings.

No comments: