Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pumpkin Dinner.



Ok. So this is just a huge novelty really. Pumpkin actually doesn't taste like anything and has a weird texture. But the innards were good. I made it with a mixture of ground beef, brown rice, lentils, onion, and a can of creme of mushroom soup.The insides were actually quite good though nondescript. It was one of those things you can just eat on its own with anything on top or with anything. I think I had some with cheese, some with Frank's, some with yogurt dill sauce. Whatevs.


I ended up using some of the pumpkin for pumpkin pancakes which I made from scratch and not ready-mix stuff. It turned out ok. Some baking soda didn't mix well in a couple cakes but the pumpkin generally lent a fluffy texture.


I also had a bunch of leftover lentil so I make an Indian style lentil soup which was pretty good but needs some work.

No comments: