Sunday, July 12, 2009

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies.


Sourced from Deb's Smitten Kitchen (contributor [as well as Elise] to Good Bite's launch). The recipe is almost identical to Elise's, but I opted for this one because it was written up as a half batch and had the interesting twist of refrigerating before baking.

I actually didn't refrigerate this initial pan, but I packed away a bit in the freezer on Deb's suggestion.

And it turns out they rose up just fine without the refrigeration though a bit light. I checked at 10 minutes but decided to leave them in for another 2. Crispy around the edges, chewy but oddly fluffy in the middle.

Addendum: I tried some of the ones I had frozen. They certainly rose more, but didn't spread out as much. If I wanted normal-sized cookies, I would have had to double the dough for each ball. I think the unrefrigerated ones were better actually.

No comments: