Sunday, October 19, 2008

Eggplant Parmesan.


It's been awhile since I've actually put some effort into making something. And the last time I tried making this was in high school. I've gotten smarter and handier with a knife since then.


The rounds were slotted and stuff with minced mushrooms, mozzarella, and Parmesan. I cut garlic powder into the flour and oregano into the bread crumbs. (I've also gotten better at breading things.)


I pan-fried them for a few minutes each side to develop a crust and then baked them for another 10 or so. In retrospect, I should have baked them a bit longer. And added butter.


I used that trusty GV Green Pepper & Mushroom sauce and added some crushed red pepper which I had finally gotten around to buying. All in all, it was pretty ok, but there's a lot of tweaking to be done.


No comments: