Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sandwiches, Part 3.

So here's the thing. Sandwiches can be fucking awesome. But I got burnt out before with all the sliced loaf business, even with the rye and pumpernickel variations. I finally made the expo into wrap realm last year. But I don't want to get burnt out on wraps. So I'm starting to experiment with other loaves of bread. Loaves. Not sliced. Like I had forgotten how much I like sourdough.

So I've been doing some thinking. Awesome stuff to put on sandwiches that's not a meat or cheese:

  • Japs.
  • Banana peppers.
  • Onions, any variety, red is one I've ressurected. Now that I think about it, green onions might be interesting.
  • Green peppers.
  • Spinach.
  • Tomatoes. Roma are the best.
  • Black olives. Kalamata only goes with certain things.
  • Mushrooms, preferably grilled unless nothing else is going to be hot.
  • Cucumber only if everything is going to be cold and preferably if hummus is involved.
  • Hummus only if everything is going to be cold.
  • Creme cheese and cranberry sauce.
Speaking of cheese, best cheeses:
  • Pepper jack.
  • Muenster.
  • Provolone.
Also, I can't believe I didn't look here before: Kinda sorta Mecca. I've seen better. Here are some more fucking sandwiches.




Random steak sub with actual sirloin. Finally got around to buying a jar of banana peppers which are the greatest thing to ever go on a sub. Basically, all I want most of the time are re-creations of Subway subs.



Motherfucking sourdough.

No comments: