Saturday, December 11, 2010

Grits and Ribs.


B-in-law had this when we went to the Goose Island brewpub. It was pretty great so I decided to give it a shot. I used plain pork ribs but boneless country ribs would have been best. I used Hank's BBQ sauce from Elise which is simple enough to commit to memory. Halves of tomato sauce, lemon juice and cider vinegar, thirds of dark molasses and Worcestershire, quarters of butter and oil with grated onion and a pepper. some brown sugar and salt. And a whole cup of bourbon or Tennessee whiskey. I used Knob Creek (and it was sad to see so much go into the unknown) since I didn't have enough George Dickel that I cared to spare. It is a pretty tangy sauce with the right amount of sweetness.

I had to do the ribs in the oven, also via Elise. 250F for 90 minutes, then saucing every 30 minutes or so. Mine took about 3 hours total and I think that was a touch too long. The ribs I had were not as fatty as a stack of boneless country ribs.

The grits were just Quaker quick grits that are way past their expiry, but everything turned out pretty tasty.

No comments: