Sunday, September 16, 2007

Enchiladas.


In an effort to use some of the leftover frozen pork shoulder...this takes quite awhile simply because the pork should be braised. But once that's done, you can go from ingredients to pan in about 20 minutes + 20-30 minutes in the oven. I made a big pan of these with about a pound of pork and a can of refried beans. I filled three tortillas with beans and cheese and two tortillas with shredded pork, halved them and layered them in the pan; covered with a big can of El Pato enchilada sauce (which has some good kick to it) and a handful or two of shredded cheese.


In retrospect, I should've poured some sauce along the bottom of the pan to keep them from sticking but it worked out just fine anyway. Halving them really helps since I can have a pork and a bean enchilada, and it turns out that fills me up just fine.

No comments: