Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Fresh Salsa.

I also got this from Simply Recipes. Quick rundown:

  • Can of diced tomatoes
  • Cilantro
  • Olive oil
  • Red wine vinegar
  • Garlic
  • Chiles
  • Oregano
  • Green onions (which i actually didn't end up using because they had gone bad)
  • Salt and pepper
Basically, mix it all in. Since the canned tomatoes are 28 oz probably, use half, add half the other stuffs, and mix; repeat with the other half.


This ends up making about a quart. Cheaper by volume in the long run than buying store salsa, I think. And better and fresher tasting too. The oregano and cilantro make for a nice herb-y taste. I used a lot of pepper on my second batch and instead of two cans of chiles, I used a 10 oz can of jalapeno salsa. Not quite what I was looking for but it sort of got the job done. Next time, I may use fresh chiles. Also, I liked a little more vinegar than Simply Recipes suggested.

No comments: