Thursday, August 13, 2009

Grape-stuffed Chicken and Rice.



Adapted from Elise's whole roasted chicken.

I should bake things more often. I forget what killer food it makes, especially vegetables, if you've got the time. A couple chicken breasts stuffed with halved grapes, atop a bed of brown rice and onions that were sauteed in butter and some sliced zucchini. I cooked it for about 70 minutes on 375F which was not long enough because the rice was a bit chewier than I'd rather. Sprinkled with some salt and pepper as an afterthought and no garlic in any form (GASP).

The sweetness of the grapes, either in the chicken or in the rice really pull it all together, complementing the salt and pepper. Next time, I'd like to remember to add seasoning before putting it all in the dish.

No comments: