Saturday, August 1, 2009

Young's Double Chocolate Stout.


I was inspired to give this one another go after an exchange with an acquaintance some time ago about Brooklyn Brewery's Black Chocolate Stout. We both related our fondness for the brew, though he preferred Young's. I remember not liking Young's when I had it on tap, probably four years ago last May. (Why I thought it was so long ago, I have no idea. I wasn't even 21 four years ago.)

I liked it much better the second time around. Of the chocolate brews I've had, this one is probably the most legitimately chocolate, like milk chocolate. The Southern Tier Chokolat is also strongly chocolate and syrupy sweet, but contains a cocoa bitterness. I like it, but I can't say I prefer it pair-wise over another other chocolate-based brews. Though a side-by-side tasting would be interesting at some point.

No comments: