Saturday, January 3, 2009

Wild Turkey American Honey.


I had the opportunity to taste this at a new liquor store that opened up back home. And was immediately taken and bought the last bottle in the store (for the next 20 minutes. It was opening night and another truck was due soon.) Having thought out that purchase poorly, I decided I didn't want to risk the hassle of trying to ship it, tried to return it and failed, and ended up selling it to a friend at my own loss of a couple dollars.


Having been all whiskey'd out in my last year of college, that was actually the first time I had had whiskey in quite some time. I will say my whiskey experience hasn't been very high tier. I've had Jim Beam, Jim Beam Black (4 bottles was enough for me), Southern Comfort (not really whiskey), Jack Daniels (not much whoop), and Old Crow (cheapest pint in a time of need).


I found American Honey to be quite good at room temperature. I imagine it would only get better on the rocks. A 71 proof liqueur, it spills on the tongue like velvet. It's more like drinking whiskey-flavored nectar rather than honey-infused whiskey.

No comments: