Monday, January 12, 2009

Sugar Doughnut Muffins.


From a new source I found, Baking Bites, which looks interesting. Anyway, I wanted to try something other than cookies. 1:1:2 of milk, sugar, flour (but in 3/4 cup base), egg, oil, baking POWDER, vanilla, nutmeg, salt. I cut the post-bake butter brushing and hoped the sugar would stick on its own, which it did a bit. I did cinnamon and ginger as well on half of them.


Ok, I guess? It's been awhile since I've had any donuts that weren't crullers or cake donuts. They don't have the same texture as their deep-fried counterparts, but they are healthier. We'll see how they handle in the morning. And they really are that pale.


Also, strawberries in vodka tonic, not as interesting as I thought it'd be. Also, I'm starting a new quest to produce a complete, somewhat healthy and nutritious, freezable breakfast in a single container.

No comments: