Thursday, August 25, 2011

21st Amendment Fireside Chat Winter Spiced Ale.


Totally random loose can from WF. No idea why there's one can of a winter seasonal hanging around, but I didn't ask too many questions. Yoink. Also, unintentionally poured into a matching glass. I love matching things. 'Fireside chat' is a reference to FDR's fireside chats so I suppose that's why he's on the can. ALSO, I don't know how I ended up with all these darker beers in the middle of summer.

  • Appearance: Bordering-on-opaque brown. Creamy head dissipates to a ring.
  • Smell: Really malty in the nose, very bread-y. I
  • Taste: Very porter-y at heart. Great spice, cinnamon and nutmeg, maybe some anise. Super malty.
  • Mouthfeel: Full-bodied, comparable to a rich brown ale.
  • Drinkability and Overall: A winter warmer clocking in at 7.9%ABV. Despite a C rating on BA, I thought this was a fine brown ale mood beer. Towards the bottom, it gets a little blown out on the spice but mixed with some dense finger foods, I think a 6-pack of micro-kegs would work out pretty well. Can we call cans "micro-kegs" from now on?



No comments: