Sunday, September 11, 2011

Eel River IPA.


I've been knocking off bottles of this this week, and I'm finally getting around to writing this up. Today is 110914, by the way. I remember actually kind of digging this when I first had it. Now that I'm winding down to the end of this 6-pack, my enthusiasm has somewhat tempered. That being said, here I am, nearly at the end of this 6-pack. This is an IPA, albeit, a slightly fizzy, watered-down one. It is nothing spectacular, excels in nothing. It tastes exactly like a watered down IPA. A flimsy hop presence with a whimper of bittering. While this bottle seems a little off compared to the previous ones, the core is still the same. It is a weak IPA, but at least it knows what it's trying to be.

  • Appearance: A bit darker than typical, no head retention.
  • Smell: Slightly metallic.
  • Taste: A rather watered-down IPA. Not in the sense of being mild, but literally tasting watered down. The components are there but just faint.
  • Mouthfeel: A bit too fizzy but otherwise easy drinking.
  • Drinkability and Overall: It's not a terrible beer, but it's one that you're not going to pay attention to while you drink it.

No comments: