Friday, September 16, 2011

Even more beers.

Preface: I just want to push this post out since it's been sitting for so long. The original start date on this was 100925, so very nearly a year old, but I'm going to make current the posting date and start a new list.


  1. Brooklyn Detonation Imperial IPA - New sight from Brooklyn. Heavy viscous body, low carb, but relatively light in the mouth. Less emphasis on bittering hops, really strong fruity flavor, clean finish. I think this is a really great example of the other end of the imperial IPA spectrum.
  2. Custom Brewcrafters Unfiltered Dry-hopped Rye, cask - Got kinda of a mild ale feel from this, not a really strong rye presence nor hop presence, in both bittering and floral. A bit floppy.
  3. Stone Vertical Epic 10-10-10 - A little too wine-y for my taste, like a filtered wheat wine. Figures, it used gewurtz, sauv blanc, and something else that I don't remember now. Tasty in a cider-y way, but I'd be more interested in a few years.
  4. Stone Bashah - A black Belgian double IPA. First, I'm excited to have this as my first Brewdog. But. Goddamnit. Stop fucking with black IPA. Make up your mind.
  5. Sam Adams Chocolate Bock - A pretty typical bock, maybe a little more body. The cocoa is pretty mild. I would say it sits between bock and doppelbock.
  6. Troegs Mad Elf 2010 - Rather vinous. Couldn't get much out of it as it was complex but very faint. Would do well with some time.
  7. Dogfish Head Fort - 18%ABV, it's going for a port-like feel. Very sweet and fruity, something like figs and dates and olives. Port, fort, more like fart. Apparently, the fruit is supposed to be raspberries. It's good, but I wouldn't ever want to pour a whole bottle for myself.
  8. McNeill's Imperial Stout - A rich, mean RIS. Strong roastiness, coffee, reminded me of a more potent Middle Ages Dragonslayer.
  9. Sierra Nevada Pro-Am - Dark, mega-malty ale. Reminds me of a cola. Tasty.
  10. Bear Republic Racer 5 on cask - Tastes like apple juice, lost a lot of hop.

No comments: